As the official trailer/motorcoach dealer of Dragzine, Flying A Motorsports’ extensive lineup of new and used motorhomes, toterhomes, racecar trailers, stacker trailers, car haulers, and cargo trailers are highlighted here in the monthly Rig of the Month feature.
Flying A Motorsports did not become one of the leading dealers of many lines of haulers and trailers by just filling their acres of lines with cookie-cutter rigs. Alan Cape is spotting a trend and ordered this unique 38-foot mid-bath motorhome from Renegade RV.
“It is the first one I’ve done like this,” explains Cape. “This unit is only 38-feet long rather than the typical 45-foot long motorhome. It features more bunk beds, which are currently a popular option. With this bedding design, it can still sleep seven or eight people comfortably just like a typical longer motorhome.”
The RV is built on a Freightliner Cascadia chassis and uses a DD13 Detroit engine rated at 470-horsepower. It utilizes an Allison automatic transmission and a single rear axle design. “This is plenty of power to easily haul a small stacker trailer with a couple of lightweight cars,” Alan says. “It is perfect for the sportsman racer who does not haul three cars, spare engines, and all of that stuff.”
Additional sleeping provisions include a Flexsteel Hide-a-Bed/Dinette Ensemble and fold-out couch.
There is an additional outside refrigerator/freezer and food prep area along with an outside water faucet. A single bathroom with shower facility is fed by two 75-gallon holding tanks with a hot water supply from a ten-gallon 110 volt/propane water heater. The water tanks also use heated steps that prevent freezing of the fresh water.
The floor is a combination of grouted tile and carpeting. More general appearance features include grouted tile backsplashes, maple cabinets with a black-onyx finish and ample closet space for the entire racing team.
An 8-kilowatt Onan Quiet Diesel Generator with an interior remote switch supplies ample power to the two 15,000 BTU ducted roof air conditioning units among all other amenities. There is a power retractable shore cord for outside source electricity and two glass mat batteries connected to a Magnum 2800-watt power inverter.
An additional unique feature is that Renegade pre-wires their rigs with the provisions for the use of solar panels.
The motorhome is filled with ample entertainment hardware such as 43-inch Smart LED HD televisions in both the living room and bedroom. Each television also has a Samsung Blu-ray Player and a common 360-degree UHF/VHF TV antenna with a power amplifier. There is also a Winegard Mission RT4035T In-Motion satellite dish.
“This motorhome from Renegade is a real value,” Cape finishes. “It has good quality construction and amenities like Corian countertops and Onyx cabinetry that will hold a great value. Compared to other manufacturers, you can get this motorhome for a reasonable price and actually get so many more features.”
The driver’s area takes advantage of side bullet cameras and back-up camera you can view from the screen on the Garmin AM/FM/BT/XM Radio w/GPS. There is also an RV map system included with the dash system.
If you want entertainment outside, you have a 32-inch Smart LED TV and AM/FM/CD/DVD stereo system with speakers.
What may be a desirable motorhome design that many racers will like because of its maneuverability, it is not short on features as seen in the build sheet below.
- 2019 Renegade RV Conversion
- Freightliner Cascadia chassis – Single Axle
- 38-foot length
- DD13 Detroit engine, 470-horsepower
- 8kW Onan Quiet Diesel generator with interior remote switch
- Power retractable shore cord reel with 36-foot cord
- Two 15,000 BTU ducted roof mount air conditioners
- 38-gallon propane tank between frame rails
- 35,000 BTU, SFQ Series propane furnace
- Two remote control power vents with two remotes
- Surge Guard Protector with monitor panel
- Larger bunk area
- Electric trailer brake controller with digital display
- 4-Point auto leveling system
- Full 7’6″ interior height
- Renegade universal adjustable hitch
- Docking lights
- Side swing baggage doors w/strut assist
- Trimark handle keyless entry – side door
- 12′ slideout room,
- Bed slideout with windows
- Wardrobe slideout with bunks
- Bonded thermopane windows
- Bunk windows with valances and shades
- Manual day and night window shades
- Brushed nickel hardware and fixture finish
- Maple cabinets, onyx cabinet color upgrade
- Pull out pantry
- True queen bed (60×80) w/ pillow top mattress
- Honed finish porcelin tile
- Bunk mats
- Flexsteel Hide-a-Bed dinette ensemble
- Heated captain’s chairs
- Two burner induction cook top
- 1.5 cu. ft. stainless steel convection microwave
- 13 cu. ft. Dometic Elite four-door Refrigerator with icemaker
- Outside refrigerator and freezer with prep area
- Outside water spigot
- Electric flush toilet- Macerator-bone color
- One piece fiberglass shower
- Two 75-gallon holding tanks with heat strips per tank
- Solid surface bathroom sink – stainless
- Two 43-inch Smart LED HDTV ILO 32-inch standard
- Samsung Soundbar with bluetooth and wireless subwoofer with both interior televisions
- 360-degree UHF/VHF TV antenna with power amp
- Winegard Mission RT4035T In-motion satellite dish – receivers not included
- Samsung blu-ray player in living area
- Samsung blu-ray player in bedroom
- Outside entertainment center: with 32-inch Smart LED TV, AM/FM/CD/DVD and speakers
- Garmin RV-BBT601 AM/FM/BT/XM radio w/GPS & RV maps
- Side bullet cameras
- Back-up camera with trailer plug run through cab stereo